Monday 8 December 2014

Robert Mapplethorpe Location - Work Diary

In this session we had to go around the college and recreate the photography of Robert Mapplethorpe. I found this task quite difficult because Mapplethorpe didn't really shoot outside therefore it was hard to properly recreate his work. I did enjoy this shoot though because it was the most fun and interesting location shoot we have done.

This is one of my favourite photographs I took because I shows off the kind of photographs the Mapplethorpe would have shit because of the black and white colour and the way the subject of the image is positioned. If I were to improve this photograph I would change the background to be a blank canvas as most of Mapplethorpe's work was shot with a plain background.

I like this photograph because it also shows that it has influence from Mapplethorpe's photography through the use of black and white colours and the way the subject is positioned in the image.  . If I were to improve this photograph I would again change the background.

Overall, if I were to improve the entire shoot, I would vary my photographs because in all of mine, they basically look exactly the same and I would also try and portray Mapplethorpe's work more. These are some photographs that influenced me:



No comments:

Post a Comment