Monday 22 September 2014

Patterns - Work Diary

In the third session, we were asked to go around the college grounds and photograph patterns.I found this task easy because there were patterns everywhere in college, for example, in the buildings and on the floors. Not only that, when we had to go out and photograph patterns the sun was out, therefore, it was easy to photograph and the pictures came out bright and visible. After the photographs were taken we had to edit them using Photoshop, to edit them, we changed the levels and curves to give the photographs more contrast.

I like this photograph the most because of the way it shows off patterns. There isn't really a composition in this photography because it still looks good because of the repeated patterns. I like the use of lines in this photograph because they contrast with the bricks and also as the lines have a sense of depth because they are all different shapes and sizes.

There is many different patterns in this photograph, such as on the shoes, in the background and also on the socks. The fact that there is many different patterns on this image looks really effective, because although the focal point of the image is the shoes, the other patterns around it enhance the black and white patterns on the shoe. The colours in this image are very effective because the subject of the photograph is black and white but the background and the socks have very different colours which makes the focal point stand out.


If I had to go shoot these images again, I would find more interesting patterns because most of my photographs were from either walls or floors, and I would like to experiment more with natural patterns. These are some pictures I like with the theme of patterns. I would also experiment with composition because all the photographs I took with the theme of pattern either had no composition or it was central. Another was I would try and progress my work is to experiment with colour more as all the images I took had very bland and boring colours, I believe that would make my photographs more exciting because the images would stand out more if it was colourful. These are some photographs that have inspired me to improve my pattern photographs:






No comments:

Post a Comment