Monday 13 October 2014

Texture - Work Diary

In this session we had to go out and photograph texture, I found this task quite easy because the sun was out and shadows are vital when photographing texture. Also there was many things that could be taken photographs of. After the photographs were taken we had to edit our best ones in photoshop. To edit it we changed the levels and curves to make the image have a greater contrast and to brighten the photograph.

 This is my best picture because it shows off texture very well. The texture and the converging lines give the image a 3d effect. There is good contrast in this image because of the black and white colour scheme. As mentioned before the use of converging lines make this image have a direction which is pleasing to the eye of the viewer.


I like this photograph because of the way it shows off texture in the bricks, there are many different varieties of texture in this image from the bricks to the cement. Form is also used in this photograph as you can see from the shadows, this gives the photograph a 3d effect. 


If I were to photograph texture again I would try and photograph something else rather than walls and floors. I would also try and incorporate some colour into my photographs because all the pictures taken had little colour. Furthermore, to improve my texture photographs, I would try and also use more form to make the images more 3d. These photographs gave me inspiration for texture photography:



No comments:

Post a Comment