Thursday 2 October 2014

Reflection - Work Diary

In this session we had to photograph reflection, I found this quite difficult because there wasn't a lot of reflection around the college to photograph except for windows and door. After we had shot out pictures however we had to edit them in Photoshop using the curves and levels tools.

I like this picture the most because of the circle frame around the image, and the way reflection is shown. The sky background also has a lot of contrast to the rest of the photograph which makes the image look more dynamic. If I were to improve this image I would make sure it was more bright outside so the image wasn't as gloomy looking.

I really like this photograph because it is more obvious that the theme was reflection. Reflection is used very well in this image because the viewer can see that the window and the reflection in it is the focal point of this image. I also like the background of this photograph because of how the colours make this photograph stand out as there is a lot of bold and bright colours. The fact that there is a person walking in the way of this photograph makes it seem more realistic.



If I were to shoot reflection again I would pick a better location so that is would be easier to find things with a reflection. I would also try and make my photographs more bright, because of the weather it was hard to take good photographs but I would try and make sure that it is obvious that the theme of the photographs was reflection. Furthermore, I would try in incorporate more colours in to my reflection photograph because it would make the images stand out more. I have take inspiration off these photographs.



No comments:

Post a Comment