Thursday 23 October 2014

Back Of Head Portraiture - Work Diary

In this session we had to go around college and shoot portraiture, where we had to photograph the back of peoples head. We also had to take it in turns to go into the studio to photograph the back of someones head. I found this task a little bit difficult because we had to make sure the pictures had a blurred background and because I wasn't using my own camera I found it more difficult to set the aperture.

This is my favourite photograph that I took when shooting portraiture. I took this picture when photographing in the studio. I like this picture because of the use of rule of thirds. Also, the contrast between the bright pink background and the dark coloured hair makes this photograph stand out.




This is my favourite photograph take I took when shooting back of head portraiture outside. I like this photograph because of the blurred background which is contrasted with the focal point of the image. This is the edited version of the original photograph. To edit it I changed the levels and curves to make the contrast of the image better.

If I were to go out and shoot portraiture again, I would make the backgrounds more blurred so the focal point of the photograph stands out more. Furthermore, I would also vary the backgrounds of where I took the back of head images. Here are some example that inspired me:









No comments:

Post a Comment